Always a Bridesmaid…
Kick-off Celebration: January 29, 2022
Exhibition: May 2022
Always a Bridesmaid… is a mixed media exhibition of low relief sculptures created from bridesmaids’ gowns. This invitation is open to the first 25 applicants to share their fascinating visual stories from the bridesmaid’s perspective. The creative process will kick off with a special Afternoon Tea on January 29 during which the 25 participants will receive more information about the project, listen to a guest speaker talk about tea edition and practice, and select their dress. The finished pieces will be displayed in the Gallery at Carrollwood Cultural Center in May. A reception is scheduled for May 13 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. before the theatre is transformed into a wedding venue for a production of Tony N’ Tina’s Wedding later that evening.
- Application Deadline: January 8 – EXTENDED TO JAN. 15!
- Afternoon Tea: January 29 (1-3 p.m.)
- Delivery of Artwork: April 25 (2-6 p.m.)
- Reception: May 13 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Tony N’ Tina’s Wedding: May 13 (8 pm.) optional
- Pick-up Artwork: May 23 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- $75 – Includes admission to the Afternoon Tea on January 29, dress, and entry for Always a Bridesmaid…exhibit.
- $95 – Includes admission to the Afternoon Tea on January 29, dress, entry for Always a Bridesmaid…exhibit, and one ticket for Tony N’ Tina’s Wedding immediately following the Art reception on May 13.
For more information or to apply, email Art Curator Michele Stone at [email protected].
“Eden to Everafter” by Kiki Alexander
In conjunction with the Center’s theatrical performance of TITANIC, The Gallery proudly presents Shipwreck, an exhibit that depicts the eerie feeling of the underwater life of abandoned boats, sunken ships, lost-at-sea treasures, and the marine life that occupy those waters.
- Application Deadline: February 19
- Delivery of Artwork: February 28 (2-6 p.m.)
- Opening Reception: March 11 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Pick-up Artwork: March 28 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Precious Faces is an art exhibition that celebrates the sweet, innocent faces of children. Their priceless expressions, inquisitive eyes, curious nature, and toothless grins that all warm the heart and bring joy to the world.
- Application Deadline: May 7, 2022
- Delivery of Artwork: May 23 (2-6 p.m.)
- Opening Reception: June 10 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Pick-up Artwork: August 1 (5 – 8 p.m.)
Florida Landscapes is a visual art show that celebrates Florida’s landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, and unique imagery that makes it the Sunshine State.
- Application Deadline: July 16, 2022
- Delivery of Artwork: August 1 (5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Opening Reception: August 12 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Pick-up Artwork: August 29 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)