February & March 2023
This exhibit is about celebrating all aspects of jazz and how jazz music evokes celebration and feelings of joy and rhythm. It captures the ambiance and gaiety of life. When one listens to jazz, there is a skip in their step, a whistling of a tune, a tapping of their toes, and a glistening in their eye. That’s the spirit of art in this exhibit.
- Application Deadline: January 14
- Delivery of Artwork: January 30 (2-6 p.m.)
- Opening Reception: February 10 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Pick-up Artwork: March 27 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Black Art Matters
Black Art Matters is about celebrating the peaks and valleys of ALL black lives in the past, the present, and the possibilities of the future. Art that explores the struggle, tears, laughter, frustration, and hope. Art that depicts the unwavering faith, power, and character, the endurance and fearlessness experienced generation upon generation. Art that conveys depth, provokes discussion, and even makes people uncomfortable. Regardless of its portrayal of the Harlem Renaissance, dismantling the stigma in today’s workplace or even how to safely raise a black child in today’s society.
- Application Deadline: March 11
- Delivery of Artwork: March 27 (2-6 p.m.)
- Opening Reception: April 7 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- Pick-up Artwork: April 24 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)