Thanks to all of our amazing and dedicated volunteers!
Volunteers have been part of the Center’s story since opening day. They are the real magic-makers behind what we do. From helping patrons to engaging folks in gallery discussions, their commitment to the Center is the reason for our success. We appreciate our volunteers and their passion for the Center, the arts, and our community.
How to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Carrollwood Cultural Center! To get started, please fill out the interest survey below.
Once you complete the interest survey above, the Center’s Community Engagement Director will then reach out to schedule an orientation and training.
After that, you will be able to fill out an official volunteer application and sign-up for available volunteer opportunities.
Current Volunteer Teams are listed below and will be added and adjusted according to the needs of the Center.
- Art Reception: knowledge of gallery artists, conversing about artwork, greeting guests and artists
- Art Show Setup: loading-in/hanging artwork, taking forms/money
- Book Donations & Sales: sorting, sanitizing, and labeling book donations/ selling books on Carrollwood Market Days
- Bulk Mailing/ Programs: packaging member incentives, folding programs and schedules
- Class Assistants: Occasionally, a staff member or instructor will utilize a volunteer to assist with classroom management for youth classes or creating model projects to use as student examples.
- Customer Service: answering phones during weekly operating hours 10 am – 5 pm (the time of your shift is at your discretion), collecting registration information for classes/event reservations, updating signage, and pottery sales. May be asked to make scripted membership renewal or sponsor allocation calls during their shift.
- Events, Performances, & Field Trips: ripping tickets, passing out programs, selling concessions, possible alcohol sales, ushering, seating and engaging student groups during field trips, tidying the theatre/volunteer area/bathrooms after patron visits
- Events Setup: setting up tables, tents, banners, and yard signs for outdoor events
- Summer Camp & Kids Night In: supervising and engaging with children 4-13 years old, planning age appropriate activities, maintaining safety protocols, these volunteers have typically been youth between the ages of 16-18
- Theatre Crew: run crew (scene changes, setting/striking props), set builder, costumer/dresser, spot light operator, light board operator
More than 50,000 volunteer hours logged since our opening in 2008!
3 Cheers for 3 Remarkable Volunteers
Thanks for everything you have done for the Center during these challenging times.
- Marti Mattner
- Dee Lehner
- Judy Schiavo
For more information about our volunteer program, email Community Engagement Director Ashley Lord at [email protected].