CLICK HERE for show and performance information.
Carrollwood Cultural Center and show director Andi Garner are auditioning for the classic Broadway musical Gypsy. We are seeking talented performers of all ages to join us for this masterpiece of musical theatre, often considered to be the finest musical ever created. Gypsy is the ultimate tale of an ambitious stage mother fighting for her daughters’ success – while secretly yearning for her own. We seek many performers of all ages to participate in this wonderfully classic musical.
Book by Arthur Laurents
Music by Jule Styne
Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Suggested by the memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee
Presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Tams-Witmark LLC
Auditions: February 26 and 27 / 6 pm
Please prepare 16 – 32 bars of musical theatre songs in the style of the show and be prepared to dance. If auditioning for the role of Louise/Gypsy Rose Lee, please prepare “Let Me Entertain You.” For more information or questions, please get in touch with the production team at [email protected].
- Possible Callbacks: February 28 / 6 pm
- Rehearsals: March 6 – April 20, evenings/nights during the week
- Cue-to-Cue: April 23 – full day
- Tech Week: April 24 – 27, evenings/nights
- Performances: April 28 – May 7, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm, Sundays at 2 pm
- Rose: Lead (F), 35 – 45, the ultimate “stage mother,” aggressive and domineering; Vocal Range: Low F to C
- Baby June: Featured (F). 7 – 11, a Shirley Temple-type child star; Vocal Range: Eb to Eb, belt; Skills: Splits, high kicks, tap/jazz dance, baton twirling, and acrobatics, a strong plus
- Baby Louise: Featured (F), 9 – 12, shy, older sister to June; Vocal Range: Eb to Eb; Skills: Basic dance
- Herbie: Lead (M), 35+, a candy salesman and Rose’s manager; Vocal Range: Baritone; Skills: Solid actor that can move well
- June: Support (F). 16 – 25, frustrated with her mother’s domination; Vocal Range: Ab to D, belt; Skills: Basic dance
- Louise/Gypsy Rose Lee: Support (F), 18 – 27, starts as the mousey and shy Louise and grows into a seductive Burlesque stripper; Vocal Range: C# to Eb; Skills: Basic dance skills and comfort with Burlesque-styled dance
- Tulsa: Featured (M), 18 – 25, singing and dancing member of the “Farm Boys”; Vocal Range: Tenor; Skills: Dance skills required
- Tessie Tura: Featured (F), 30+, experienced and wise burlesque performer; Vocal Range: C# to Db; Skills: Ballet stripper, basic dance skills required
- Mazeppe: Featured (F), 30+, bold and brassy bugle-playing burlesque stripper; Vocal Range: G(below middle C) to Bb; Skills: Basic dance skills required
- Electra: Featured (F), 30+, ditsy burlesque stripper; Vocal Range: Bb to D; Skills: Basic dance skills required
- 4 Adult Chorus Boys: (M), 18 – 25, Singing and dancing members of the “Farm Boys”; Vocal Range: ALL; Skills: Basic dance required
- 5 Adult Chorus Girls: (F), 18 – 25, will play various female roles; Vocal Range: ALL; Skills: Basic dance required
- 1 (M): 25+ character actor to play various roles
- 1 (F): 25+ character actor to play various roles
The Center is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage persons of all abilities, races and ethnicities, gender identities and sexualities, and ages to apply for our opportunities. To indicate any need for special services, assistance, or appropriate modifications to participate, please email [email protected].