Music, Book & Lyrics by Lionel Bart
Performed by MAS Community Theatre
Directed by Tracy Stemm
Musical Director: Mary Jo Hahn
Choreographer: Aaron Washington
The award-winning musical adaptation of the classic Dickens’ novel springs to life with some of the most memorable characters and song ever to hit the stage.
Consider yourself at home with Lionel Bart’s classic musical based on Charles Dickens’ novel, Oliver Twist. The Tony and Olivier Award-winning show is one of the few musicals to win an Academy Award for Best Picture and is widely hailed as a true theatrical masterpiece by actors and audience members alike.
- Sunday, April 22 • 2-5 p.m. / Kids Only (boys and girls, ages 8-16)
- Monday, April 23 • 7-9 p.m. / Adults*
- Tuesday, April 24 • 7-9 p.m. / Adults*
* The director prefers to have all interested kids audition on April 22; however, they are permitted to audition on April 23 and 24.
- Friday, July 20 • 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 21 • 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 22 • 2 p.m.
- Friday, July 27 • 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 28 • 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29 • 2 p.m.
- Oliver Twist: A workhouse boy about 11 years of age. (Gender: Male / Age: 8 to 12)
- Fagin: An elderly receiver – runs training academy for young pickpockets. (Gender: Male / Age: 50 to 70)
- The Artful Dodger: Fagin’s brightest pupil – an undersized 16. (Gender: Male / Age: 14 to 18)
- Bill Sikes: A villain in his prime. (Gender: Male / Age: 30 to 45)
- Nancy: 23 years old – a graduate of Fagin’s academy, and Bill’s doxy. (Gender: Female / Age: 20 to 25)
- Bet: A 15 year old lass in Fagin’s establishment – idolizes Nancy. (Age: 14 to 18)
- Mr. Bumble: A large and pompous Beadle of the workhouse. (Gender: Male / Age: 35 to 60)
- Mrs. Corney: A sharp-tongued, domineering widow – the Workhouse Mistress. (Gender: Female / Age: 40 to 55)
- Mr. Brownlow: An old gentleman of wealth and breeding. (Gender: Male / Age: 55 to 70)
- Mr. Sowerberry: The Undertaker. (Gender: Male / Age: 45 to 60)
- Mrs. Sowerberry: Mr. Sowerberry’s wife and his overseer. (Gender: Female / Age: 45 to 60)
- Charlotte: The Sowerberry’s sluttish young daughter. (Gender: Female / Age: 18 to 25)
- Noah Claypole: Mr. Sowerberry’s pimply apprentice. (Gender: Male / Age: 18 to 25)
- Mr. Grimwig: A Doctor. (Gender: Male / Age: 30 to 50)
- Mrs. Bedwin: The Brownlow’s Housekeeper. (Gender: Female / Age: 45 to 60)
- Old Sally: A Pauper. (Gender: Female / Age: 50 to 70)
- Charley Bates: A boy in Fagin’s establishment. (Gender: Male / Age: 10 to 18)
- Ensemble: Workhouse boys, workhouse assistants, bow street runners, street vendors and crowd, etc. (Gender: Both)
OLIVER! is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com